This year I’ve been on a pie binge.
Here’s a recipe that I’ve had a lot of use out of!
Chicken and Camembert Pie:
- Cooked chicken pieces
- 2-3 Spring onions, chopped
- 150g Camembert cheese, sliced (or brie is fine too ^^)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups milk
- Salt & Pepper
- Puff Pastry sheets (The number depends on how you want to do them ^^)
1)Melt butter in microwave (use a big bowl)
2) Add flour, and mix into a paste
3) Add 1 cup milk, mix together, and microwave for 1 min.
4) Mix thoroughly, and return to microwave, repeat until thickened. Add milk to make a reasonably thick sauce. Use a whisk to beat out any lumps.
5)Add spring onion, chicken and cheese to sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6) Put into pie dish, cover with pastry, and bake at 210 C until cooked (could be up to 40 mins)
I’ve put plum sauce in the mixture as well, which is nice. You could also use cranberry. It made the mixture a little more runny though, so only use a fairly thick sauce.
If you’re cooking in rammikins: butter them up well, put the rammikin on top of the pastry, cut a circle bigger than the base to put in the bottom (and another for the top), then put the rammikin on it’s side to get the width, cut strips and make sure all your pastry overlaps when you press it into the dish, or it will leak. This uses lots of pastry, but theyre cute and give you a specific serving size, so you don’t eat too much).They should pop out when cooked if you’ve greased them up well enough. Just run a knife around the side and they should fall out.
In a silicon cake tin – No need for any extra butter, but it’s messier to cut and serve ^^
When you take it out of the oven, it’s easiest to just fold the cake tin under itself, and push it on a plate.